Friday, January 27, 2006

Enough Already!

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34


Not usually a big fan of the KJV, even though I like Shakespeare. But today, no one else said it better. Other versions talk about "trouble" and "hardship"- each day having enough of it's own. But some days, it's not just "trouble" or "hardship"- some days it's EVIL and if I even begin to think about how much tomorrow might hold, I get pretty defeated!

But instead I focus on Christ as the victor. Wearing my entire suit of armor, I stand firm in my faith (Isaiah 7:9) believing that He can and will accomplish all He says He will and can do (Isaiah 55:11), first and foremost being that He will defeat Satan (Revelation 20:10). Trusting Him, knowing that if I do, I will see His glory (John 11:40). My God is faithful. He can be trusted to save me and my loved ones for His own glory. Praise Him!

For You, O Lord, are the Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods. Let those who love the Lord hate evil, for He guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked!
Psalm 97:9-10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let come what may
for it will anyway.
Live fully through all
and don't miss His call.

Anonymous said...

Have been trying to think of an appropriate response to your blog, but you said it all..and you said it beautifully. Thanks.