Friday, December 23, 2005

Party Preparation

The presents are bought (well, most of them)
And all neatly wrapped (well some of them)
The cookies are baked (except for the ones I mixed up, put in the fridge and forgot about)
Cards are mailed; it's a fact! (well, ONE card got mailed...the rest are still in the process of being addressed)

The tree's decorated (Actually, we got 2 trees this year and only one is decorated so far)
The creche on the hearth (Thanks to Molly)
I'm ready for Christmas
At least in my heart!

Jesus, thank you that all I have to do to be ready for the real meaning of Christmas is to be still and know you. How ironic that our preparations for your birthday celebration are exactly the opposite of being still. Today I will be still and I will know that YOU are God.
-amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not the only thing that is stressing our family is trying to get all 4 of us to church service tonight. This is the last christmas eve family time we'll have with the 4 of us only in 22 years. As I am trying to figure everyone's schedule out I realized there was a simple solution. Everyone will be home by 8, we will have our own service including Holy Communion, sharing heart gifts to Him and to each other and doing whatever it is that each family member sees fit to do. Looks like you guys will have a good Christmas too. We wish you well.

Anonymous said...

Great post!