Saturday, November 05, 2005

Left Behind

I just sent my family off for a very long, hard trip for my uncle-in-law's funeral. I talked to his daughter this morning who said that this is the 'easy' part, compared to watching him linger in the hospital. There is a great celebration of his life planned, lots of music & worship. I got left behind because I can't ask for another weekend off of work.

It's hard being left behind when family is gathering to hug and comfort one another. I can't think of a single thing to relate this to biblically, no new insights or lessons to be learned. I'm sure there is one- I'm just too bummed to think of it....You think of it and let me know.

2 comments:

rod said...

you are greatly missed here to, but not because of what is needed from you, simply because we miss you. Everyone.

Anonymous said...

I have no wise words either Allison. But we did miss you! Store away hug for me later ok!?
Love you!