Friday, February 09, 2007

Love That's Bigger Than My Body

Last night, my sweet hubby took me to the John Mayer concert. This was one of my Christmas presents from him. I had been looking forward to this event even before I knew we were going!

I've been plagued with a neck injury for about three weeks or so now. It's trying to ruin my life! But I was going to enjoy last night despite the pain! I'd purchased a special outfit to wear- including necklace and earrings- just a few days after Christmas. I soaked in the tub, took a quick nap and an extra dose of pain medicine. I was determined! But the injury prevailed. The concert was wonderful. The company even better. Afterwards we even met up with some friends at a coffee shop to put the cherry on top of the already great evening. But by the time we got home, I was a mess. There is no way you can fake it through terrible physical pain.

I wonder why we think we can? Why do we think we're so much stronger than we really are? Even though last night was dampened by my physical condition, it will go down in my history books as one of the best nights of my life... you know why? Because of love. There have been so many times I haven't noticed how much I am loved but last night was not one of them. I was a princess, chosen and cherished. And that love is what will stick in my memory- not the pain, not the way it didn't all happen just the way I had planned. Just the love.

Thanks, Babe. You were perfect.

No comments: