Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Breeze or a Miracle: Which Would You Choose?

This morning, I was studying my Sunday School lesson about believing God. I've read Beth Moore's book, Believing God, so I knew exactly what she was talking about this morning since much of what she was saying was from that book. I was a little disappointed because I was hoping for fodder for a blog. Not that it wasn't inspiring, but I'd read it before and even blogged it before.

Now, I like to run- especially outside. One of the things I enjoy most about running outside is that God often speaks to me while I run. Since it's been a long time since I've been inspired to blog, I asked God if He wouldn't mind speaking to me this morning. So I hit the trails with my ears and heart wide open.

My mind seemed to wander for the longest time and I was thoroughly enjoying myself. But somewhere around 2 or 2 1/2 miles, I started praying for a breeze. I thought, "Come on, Father. I'm asking and I believe you can do this. It's just a breeze I want. A father gives good things to his children. You certainly control the wind. I know you can do this!" I believed with all my might He could, and even wanted to do this for me. Yet no breeze came.

As I struggled up a long hill, I heard Him say, "That's just the problem; you always ask for answers to your struggles in ways that the world can supply. What if you didn't finish this run with the comfort of a breeze, but in super natural strength? What if you accomplished this goal in My strength- not yours? Do you believe Me when I say that that's what I want to give you? Not just a breeze, but a super natural strength?"

That's the question... Do you believe? A breeze is such an easy answer. What He offers is so much more.

Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.
Philippians 3:14 The Message


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For sure, you have given me "seed for thought." Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I have so many thoughts on this, hard to put them all down. God does wish for us to seek Him for the impossible - strentgh, healing, prosperity, etc. We have to learn to stand on our faith and all that He promises us. Very good blog!!!