Wednesday, February 01, 2006

An Invitation to Freethinkers Everywhere

I was asked yesterday by a Freethinker if I had studied the Koran or the Bhagavad-Gita and I must admit that I haven't. And I'm eager to ask you, Freethinker, where you would recommend that I start? Assuming you've studied them, I'd like to know what your favorite parts are and where you would suggest I start reading? (Please, I'm serious! I am not being sarcastic!) I would love to know what it is that holds people to other religions. I know What (Who) holds me to mine!

I vistited your blog site and was surprised to see that you are "unencumbered by religion". I too, am unencumbered by religion. What some might call my religion, is in fact, a relationship. So I guess if relationships are "encumbering" then I am encumbered in way too many! My marriage, my children, my friends, my family, but first and foremost, my God. Unfortunately, I don't believe you, Freethinker, when you say you are unencumbered by religion!! Your blogroll would suggest that you are quite encumbered in being "unencumbered"!!! It appears that you are very busy in your efforts to avoid God!

Come again, Freethinker; come often. I would love to have you visit and perhaps learn that a relationship with a God who loves you, who would die for you, is anything but encumbering! It is life saving, life giving, it is life itself! You, my friend, are welcome anytime for that is what it means to be part of the body of Christ; to be welcomed with open arms to a place where you might meet Someone who can really make sense out of this life!

But we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
1 Corinthians 1:23-25

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great invitation to the Freethinkers Everywhere. I said a prayer for "the" Freethinker that he would indeed return to your site again and again.

Anonymous said...

What a great invitation to the Freethinkers Everywhere. I said a prayer for "the" Freethinker that he would indeed return to your site again and again.