Friday, February 17, 2006

Hope is Where Your Heart is

My husband calls it "praying in Jesus' name"; Beth Moore calls it praying God's "A" list; Oswald calls it being united or identified with Christ; Jesus calls it "Thy will be done". What it is, is knowing- believing- placing my life on the line- that God is active- busy doing things- has a purpose and an agenda for this moment- for this day- for this trial- for this life. And that no matter what I think needs to happen, no matter my concerns or desires- I can trust that God knows best. That if I identify myself totally with Him, align myself to His list, His name, His will- that He will give me the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:4).

My desires are transformed into His desires. And He will always accomplish what He desires. Therefore my hope is secure. I can have hope because I know that things are going to go His (and therefore, my) way! When my hope is in Him, I will have renewed strength; I will soar on wings like eagles; I will run and not grow weary; I will walk and not be faint (Isaiah 41:30-31). His path is easy- not wearisome. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

I know this is nothing new- nothing you haven't heard before. Sometimes I just need to remind myself. Like Peter says,
Since Jesus went through everything you're going through and more, learn to think like him. Think of your sufferings as a weaning from that old sinful habit of always expecting to get your own way. Then you'll be able to live out your days free to pursue what God wants instead of being tyrannized by what you want.
1 Peter 1:4 The Message

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. :) That was needed today.

rod said...

well now I know why I never posted my Nominis Iesu 2 blog. I was waiting for you, because you said it better.
This is a very good post.

Anonymous said...

I agree, one that I need to print out and read everyday to remind me. Why is it so hard to do?? I know it in my head, but I am still hard headed!!!