Thursday, October 27, 2005

Calling All Warriors!

It's 10 PM and all is not quite well. It's been a rough week with two school projects due and consistent cable outages (consistently out when your kids need it most!) We leave tomorrow for a trip I've been counting down the days for for almost 7 months. We had all the fine details worked out and all we had left to worry about were the "what ifs". That was until all h--- broke loose (at least some of it anyway!)

We've sensed for some time now that we have been under attack so I guess it's comforting, in a way, that I'm starting to recognize the master demon's techniques. Unfortunately, it seems he is getting a little more bold these days. Our babysitter for the weekend has come down with a terrible illness and it seemed that there was no one else to whom we could trust our little ones. I've been angry that he would attack an innocent bystander, just to get at Rod and me. We'd been sending up profuse prayers over this but kept running into dead ends. Finally, today, (less than 24 hours before we were to leave for the airport), things started to take on a more positive shape. No sooner had I breathed a sigh of relief than I curbed my tire on edge of Will's piano teacher's driveway and slit a hole big enough for my fist through the rubber wall. Just then a black cat ran across the road in front of us. I yanked Molly out of the car and we began the short trek down the road to her dance class. As she jumped out of the road to the grassy edge, I had to pull her hand to keep her from landing on a dead, black crow. "Calling cards," I thought.

Molly and I prayed while we walked passed the Salvation Army and talked about how God can turn bad things into good things for those who love him. She's learning how God can be trusted to come through, even in the black stuff. I'm learning too. But I'm also learning my attacker's signature. I recognize his finger prints all over and I'm bolstered by the recognition.

Great warriors, like good coaches, study their advisaries prior to confrontations. I am to do no less. Somehow I feel like I can handle all these "unfortunate events" when I know who's behind them. There are less feelings of "why me, Lord?" and more of "Come on, God; let's go get him!"

Never-the-less, I sure would appreciate a little help from you prayer warriors out there! It's always a good strategy to fight together, as a circle of friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you and you and Rod will be in my prayers. I am encouraged by your persistence, keep it up!!! I hope yall have an awesome trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on my blog reading. Wasn't at work when you blogged, and although I knew the outcome of your weekend was wonderful, I felt my heart beating fast as I read your blog about the attack. That evil one does prowl around like a roaring lion but our Lord can devour him with only a thought. How awesome He is and how He loves us. What a lesson for Molly (and you) as you walked and prayed and praised Him. You both were able to see His mighty hand at work. Yes, God is good.